need DARE pairs

A. Vine avine at ENG.SUN.COM
Fri Jun 23 19:32:25 UTC 2000

"Steve K." wrote:

> dragon fly/darning neele, mosquito hawk (and numerous others)

A dragon fly and a mosquito hawk are 2 different critters in my vocabulary.
Darning needles are a particular type of dragonfly. Interestingly enough, my
husband calls mosquito hawks "daddy long-legs", and doesn't know about the
spider by the same name.  Clearly he has never been in a latrine in a scout camp
in the Texas woods...

The frosting/icing pair was discussed on this list before, I believe.

As for bureau/dresser, I would add chest-of-drawers.

Andrea
--
Andrea Vine, avine at eng.sun.com, iPlanet i18n architect
"Stew my foot and call me Brenda"