need DARE pairs

Natalie Maynor maynor at CS.MSSTATE.EDU
Fri Jun 23 21:58:18 UTC 2000

Steve wrote:
> Nope -- I grew up exclusively with frosting. Icing probably entered by
> idiolect first through the idiom "icing on the cake" and then later
> through contact with speakers from other parts of the country.

And I grew up exclusively with icing.  I think I first became aware
of "frosting" from seeing it written on cans or boxes in grocery
stores.  Sort of like cans and frozen bags in grocery stores never
say "English peas."  You just can't trust packages and cans, can you.
They talk funny.
   --Natalie Maynor (maynor at ra.msstate.edu)