shoot the moon

Al Futrell al at LOUISVILLE.EDU
Sat Jun 24 18:15:26 UTC 2000

My experience with "shoot the moon" and "shoot the works" is that
'shoot the moon' refers to a poker wager in which
the gambler bets to win both high and low in a single hand.
'Shoot the works' refers to betting all of one's stake on one bet or hand.

I am not sure I understand what is 'blending' here.

--

Al Futrell, Ph.D. <al at louisville.edu>
University of Louisville, USA