second-person pronouns redux

Johanna N Franklin johannaf+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Thu Mar 2 05:49:28 UTC 2000

In Pittsburgh, there's "n'at," which is used to used to indicate "and
all that" or for emphasis - I haven't quite figured out a good way to
characterize the context yet:

They went out and got a beer -> They went aht and got a beer n'at.

(implication being that they hung around for a while)

    Johanna

Excerpts from mail: 2-Mar-100 Re: second-person pronouns .. by P2052 at AOL.COM