Second-hand Second Hand Rose

Roger Shuy shuyr at GUSUN.GEORGETOWN.EDU
Sat Mar 4 15:17:48 UTC 2000

I remember The Baby Snooks and Daddy show too; listened to it often when I
was a boy, sometimes with my radio under the covers so that my parents
would think I was asleep after my bedtime. Older people (like me) have
told me that they played the same trick on their parents. Oh, the
wonderful days of entertainment radio! Fanny Brice, Great Gildersleeve,
Fibber McGee and Molly, The Green Hornet, Lone Ranger, I Love a Mystery,
and other programs were wonderful then.
Roger Shuy