edewa / hubba-hubba

Bruce Dykes bkd at GRAPHNET.COM
Mon Mar 6 06:38:49 UTC 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Long <dlong at BCOMP.METRO-U.AC.JP>
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Date: Monday, March 06, 2000 12:14 AM
Subject: Re: edewa / hubba-hubba

>Thanks.  That is it.  When I reread the article on "Bamboo English", I

Speaking of contact languages, I have what is likely an elementary
question...how formalized is Pidgin?

I was browsing the Jack Chick (publisher of Christian evangelizing comic
booklets) web site, and they list the myriad translations of their tracts,
and now feature a translation to Pidgin. Which strikes me as being about as
sensible as that Creole translation of a HUD pamphlet a couple months
back...

Is Pidgin formalized enough to be able to make a written translation?

bkd