Nescafe Ice

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Mar 6 22:35:46 UTC 2000

NESCAFE ICE

  "Lipton Ice Tea" is everywhere in Portugal!  It might be the country's most popular drink.  The "R" looks like it's for "Ice," but someone will have to ask Lipton its policy for each country.
  "Nescafe Ice" is also offered in cans, containing regular Nescafe and cappuccino.

BIG APPLE (continued)

  I think I read part of that Mark Mandel posting by accident.  George Thompson sent me an e-mail telling me not to read his e-mail--I'm so confused.
  Salwen's "Big Apple" story is pure garbage.  It offends me that even one person will read it and believe that "the Big Apple" comes from whores in the early 19th century.  Salwen has never responded to me.
  ABUZZ (the service of the New York Times) has had the Big Apple question asked AT LEAST SIX TIMES in the brief history of that service!  To the March 1st query, someone answered that they should check out www.straightdope.com.
  Imagine--a service of The New York Times, and someone asks about "the Big Apple," and they can't find the answer in The New York Times!