List replies (was Re: cacha?a and OFF TOPIC)

Victoria Neufeldt vneufeldt at M-W.COM
Wed Mar 8 21:10:38 UTC 2000

The ADS-L default setting doesn't work from my computer (or the
Merriam-Webster server?)  I just discovered that my own name was in that
line, instead of ADS-L.  The problem for the sender is that there is no way
of knowing when you're typing up a reply to a posted message; there's no
indication on the screen.  However, I discovered that I can specify a
different "reply to" (it's in "Options" under the "View" menu in Microsoft
Outlook 98) and it actually seems to work.  But I'm not sure if it's only a
one-time thing or if I'm actually changing the default "reply to".  I'm
trying it again with this posting.  We'll see.  (Sigh.  It's all so
complicated for a semi-literate user like me.)

Victoria

Merriam-Webster, Inc. P.O. Box 281
Springfield, MA 01102
Tel: 413-734-3134  ext 124