'Critical' Age

Mon Mar 13 14:43:27 UTC 2000

Joe,

My bad. Language is indeed a proper subject for such investigation. The
19th Centry biologists (who borrowed the notion from contemporary
philologists, which is what I referred to) tacked onto a discredited notion
that languages themselves were evolving, not the obviously interesting
question of how human language evolved in the first place.

dInIs

preston at pilot.msu.edu
Office: (517)353-0740
Fax: (517)432-2736