Web search terms...

Fri Mar 17 01:19:39 UTC 2000

In a message dated 3/16/2000 2:20:04 PM, garethb2 at STREETTECH.COM writes:

<< There appears to be many people who don't know this feature exists. Even

fellow "deep geeks" are sometimes unaware of it. I'm shocked when I look

over someone's shoulder and see them typing "www" and ".com," or horrors,

"http://." So many wasted keystrokes. It is also amazing how few people seem

to realize that many sites use their company name as their URL. Friends will

ask: "What's the address of the Washington Post?" I ask: "Have you tried

typing 'washingtonpost'?" "Oh, I didn't think of that."

Gareth Branwyn

Jargon Watch >>

yeah, but try that for the Linguistic Society of America (LSA) and you get
the Louisiana Sherrif's Association.