Poor Boys

Kathleen Miller millerk at NYTIMES.COM
Mon Mar 20 19:55:13 UTC 2000

I have seen just about anything - from salami to fried oysters stuffed
inside a Po'Boy - that's from living in Calcasieu Parish   - but a
muffaletta - besides being one of the most heavenly things you could put in
your mouth - is no where near being a Po'Boy.

If you're ever in N'Awlins stop at Central Grocery  (website below) and get
yourself one.

A  muffaletta is on round bread, thick and fluffy- one is almost enough to
feed four - with a collection of Italian meats and a black and green olive
spread that's just to wonderful, in my opinion, to explain. A Po'Boy's just
a sub roll stuffed with anything that used to move.

http://www.toyou.com/nola/muffuletta/