Poor Boys --> sandwiches

Wed Mar 22 19:19:22 UTC 2000

The Scots word "piece" interests me.  I wonder if this is the source of the
SoMid/Appalachian use of "piece" for "snack" (and "piecing" for
"snacking")?  A student of mine from West Virginia says her mother uses the
verb form for "having a light supper."  I'm sure it'll get into DARE
eventually, but does anyone know more about this?