"Boilermakers"

Bob Fitzke fitzke at VOYAGER.NET
Fri Mar 31 20:59:31 UTC 2000

Joseph Carson wrote:

Anyway, thanks for introducing this thread so we can take a walk (or
stumble, rather) down "diminished capacity" lane, when some of us
believed that we were immortal and drank enough of these concoctions to
feel like we really were! (... for a couple of hours, at least, then
woke up to the horrible excations made for such hubris upon our
all-too-mortal coils the next day.) Well, we lived to tell the tale,
didn't we? I raise my glass (of iced tea) in salute to our survival of
the toxic assaults we made on our feckless drunken selves, and to the
hard-won sobriety,or at least moderation, that makes it possible for us
to bear witness to those days at all anymore (and hopefully for many
such toasts to come) ... Prosit! --

Having clambered aboard the wagon some 21 years ago, and having done my,
your, and his share (frequently for prizes), let it be known I can still
blow a .10 on memory alone.

Bob (Alcoholic, Ret.)