Notes from Chicago

Steve K. stevek at SHORE.NET
Mon May 1 13:08:19 UTC 2000

While in Chicago for the Chicago Linguistics Society conference, a
(non-linguist) friend of mine I visited asked me about 'derb'. He's a high
school teacher in the south suburbs, and he's heard this word a lot,
meaning "One who gives fellatio indiscriminately." Obviously, this ties
into 'derby' as 'oral copulation' as noted in the Dict of American Slang
-- just commenting as to the use of 'derb' for the fellator, and wondering
if anyone has any cites for 'derb'.

Secondly, no less then four (non-linguist) friends, all Chicagoans in the
early 30s, asked me how things were 'out east'. :) I felt validated.

--- Steve K.