Knock-Knock

Mike Salovesh t20mxs1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU
Tue May 2 05:53:29 UTC 2000

"A. Vine" wrote:

> Carmen Mattei wrote:
> >
> > OK, Lynne, here is one "en Español":
> >
> > "Tun Tun"
> > "Quién toca"?
> > "Toca Paco"
> > "Qué Paco"?
> > "Pa' cogerte"!
> >

> Translation?

Andrea:

The translation you're seeking is

"Knock knock"
"Who is knocking?"
"Paco's knocking."
"Paco who?"
"To fuck you."

It doesn't translate well because it depends on a play on dialect
variation.

"Paco" is a common nickname.  "Pa'" is a dialect substitute for "para",
"in order to".  "Coger" has several meanings, but the intention here
clearly is to use coger as the verb for sexual intercourse.  I have
rendered it as "fuck" because that's as close as I can come to an
appropriate translation, given one common implication of using "pa'" in
place of "para".

Yesterday, I wrote in Japanese to apologize that, as a foreigner, I
don't speak Japanese.  Hoy, les aseguro que sí hablo español, cuando
menos pa' defenderme.

-- mike salovesh                    <salovesh at niu.edu>
PEACE !!!