Black theatre; Ants on the Tree; more from Bohemia

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun May 7 19:04:05 UTC 2000

    Greetings from Prague.

BLACK (LIGHT) THEATRE

    The Black Light Theatre of Jiri Srnec says it's the "first black light
theatre in the world."  E-mail: blacktheatresrnec at volny.cz;
http://www.blacktheatresrnec.cz.
    Omega Art Agency has "The Black Theatre of Frantisek Kratochvil."  See:
http://www.volny.cz/omega-art.
     There is also a Black Light Theatre, which is doing FAUST.  See:
www.blacktheatre.cz.
     There is also "Black Theatre: Pantomime, Modern Dance."  See:
http://www.imagetheatre.cz.
     I'll probably go tomorrow.

BOHEMIAN FOOD

     Paul's Sandwicherie in the Amsterdam Schipol Airport offers a HENRI IV:
Paul's bread, chicken breast, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato.
     A Chinese restaurant here in Prague offers:  Hong-Kong style chicken
(hot), Chicken Paris & O.K. Sauce (hot), Duck Paris & O.K. Sauce (hot),
Hong-Kong Duck, Shanghai Duck, and Beef Japan (hot).
    There's also:

THE SPARROW'S NEST (chicken)
THE SQUIRREL (Veverka)
PLAYING DRAGON AND PHENIX (octopus, chicken, vegetable)
ANTS ON THE TREE (noodles with meat)

   A local bar has:

BMW--bayleys, malibu, whisky
PLOVARNA--curacao, vodka, mleko
MADLOVY DECK--amareto, mleko, slehacka
PODRAZ--gin, peach, vodka, juice
CERNOUCEK--cernet, rosso, gin, soda
FITNES--vodka, gin, bacardi, ananas, gren, juice  (That's FITNESS?--ed.)

BOHEMIAN BITS

BOATELS:  About fifty years ago, there was a shortage of hotels and motels,
so the proprietors took to the water.  They call them "boatels"--although
these never sail.

SHOPPING PARK:  The shopping malls are called "shopping parks" here.

SILVER TEA:  My tour guide told me that Chinese refer to "hot water" as
"silver tea."

    I was already told that "robot" is from Czech.  But I knew that....The
women here are better looking than Ivana Trump (post-op).  The women in Japan
were all better looking than Yoko Ono.  I've learned not to trust this export
thing.