Bohemian food

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon May 8 12:00:08 UTC 2000

   Greetings again from Prague.  I just visited Franz Kafka's house.  Kafka
would have liked New York City.
   When I get back, I'll check Tamony's "spudnuts," the Steve Reeves file in
the NYPL performing arts library for "sword and sandal," and some Chinese
menus for those ants.
   Some food & other items found here:

NON-STOP--what's written on those 24-hour convenience stores.
EIS TEE/ICE TEA--The one I had had both of these.  No "Iced Tea" here!
TOAST HAWAI--ham, cheese, pineapple.
TOAST FLORIDA--ham, cheese, peach.
KURECI STEAK FLORIDA--chicken steak with ham, cheese, peach.
SUNDAE HAVANA--banana, whipped cream, chocolate ice cream.
PAREK--"hot dog pastry."
BALKAN SALAD--tomato, cucumber, onion, balkan cheese.
BIG ESKYMO SANDWICH ORIGINAL  (If it's original, isn't that "Eskimo"?--ed.)
CARDINALE PIZZA--tomatoes, cheese, ham.
GYROS--everywhere.  A bit of Bohemian Chicago, via Greece.