British universities

Lynne Murphy lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK
Tue May 9 07:42:48 UTC 2000

> Does anyone know of websites that provide information or searches about
> British universities/academic programs, other than university-specific
> sites?
>
> Nancy Elliott

If you go to:

http://wsdo.sao.uwf.edu/~geo/uk.html

there is a list of all UK universities, with links to their individual
sites. But you can't do any searching across the sites, you can just
click on them.

If you want to find particular programs at universities or something, I'd
try going to www.ask.co.uk (the UK version of Ask Jeeves) and ask "Where
can I study X?"  If you then look to the bottom of the results page (in
the pull-down menus based on specific search engines), you'll find a lot
of resources.

Lynne

Dr M Lynne Murphy
Lecturer in Linguistics