palinode

Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Mon May 15 17:57:12 UTC 2000

Bob Haas <highbob at MINDSPRING.COM> wrote on Sat, 13 May 2000:

Oops, I didn't mean to send the last post yet.  You're absolutely right,
Ron.  I guess I just WANTED it to be STREETCAR.  Whaddyagonnado.  As I creep
into middle age and become my father, I sometimes have to remind myself to
step outside of my own perspective.  Consider this my palinode.
<<<<<

My mailbox's weekend accumulation also includes:

The Word of the Day for May 13 is:

palinode   (noun)   \PAL-uh-node\
     1 : an ode or song recanting or retracting something in an
earlier poem
    *2 : a formal retraction
<<<<<

Shall we deduce that Bob is also a subscriber to Merriam-Webster's Word of the
Day? Or are we simply beneficiaries of the gremlins of coincidence?

   Mark A. Mandel : Senior Linguist and Manager of Acoustic Data
         Mark_Mandel at dragonsys.com : Dragon Systems, Inc.
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com/
                     (speaking for myself)