Bankomat-Changemat

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu May 18 15:44:51 UTC 2000

   Greetings from Bratislava.

BANKOMAT-CHANGEMAT

   The ATMs are "Bankomats" here.  Who else uses Bankomat?
   "Changemat" (by Servibanco) is a currency exchange machine that I found next to the Bankomat.  I haven't used it.

MISC.

ARMY STORES--The Czech and Slovak Republics have Army Stores (not Army-Navy Stores).  You wouldn't want to enter a Czech Navy Store, anyway.

DUCK WITH EIGHT TREASURES--An item on a Chinese menu here.  I've seen this elsewhere.  Is it always eight treasures, not seven or six?

HIGHWAYMAN'S DELICACY; CASTLE'S LADY--Other menu items, but not described.

MARIA THERESIA--coffee, curacao, whipped cream

GOLD MELANGE--coffee with hot foamed milk

CAROLANS COFFEE--4cl Carolans, 7g kava, slahacka

DANISH DREAM--4cl curant vodka, 1dcl Sprite

FE-TON--4cl Fernet, 2cl tonic, citron. (See also BE-TON.)

PUNC--2cl rum, hot apple

DRINK "ROCK FM"--sect, orange juice

WALL-STREET--gin, peach liqueur, Hubert's

PARTY DRINKS--Absolut Vodka has a "Party Drinks" poster that has these:

   Casablanca, Sex on the Beach, Tropical Surprise, Caribbean Cruise, Orgasm, L.A. Sunrise, Sputnik, Absolut Frog