ADS Annual Meeting call for papers

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Mon May 22 13:55:33 UTC 2000

This was announced in the January newsletter of the American Dialect Society
(available on our website), and will be re-announced in the May issue (to be
published in about two weeks):

  The ADS Annual Meeting will be held in Washington, D.C. January 4–7, 2001.
  August 14 is our deadline for proposals. Send them to Executive Secretary
Allan Metcalf, preferably by e-mail: AAllan at aol.com. We’re flexible about
length and format. If your proposal is accepted, you’ll be asked for an
abstract of no more than 200 words for the LSA program, and that will suffice
for us.
  All proposals will be reviewed by Dennis Preston, our Vice President and
program chair. If you have an idea for a special session or something out of
the ordinary, don’t wait till the deadline to get in touch with him:
preston at pilot.msu.edu.
  As before, we will be guests of the Linguistic Society of America, expected
to pay their registration but also entitled to their special hotel rates: $99
single or double at the Grand Hyatt Washington (1000 H Street NW, Washington
Center, Washington, DC 20001; (202) 582-1234, fax (202) 637-4781). You’re
welcome to make your reservation now.