Running chickens and shine

A. Vine avine at ENG.SUN.COM
Tue May 23 21:59:20 UTC 2000

Sallie Lemons wrote:

> While rushing to work this morning (midtown Manhattan), I glanced skyward and
> saw a huge sign perched on top of a tall NYC building. It featured a jogging
> chicken, advertising "Chicken Run," whatever that is.

This is the new Nick Park/Aardman Animations movie, the creator/maker of the
"Wallace and Gromit" animated shorts, also the Chevron commercials, and
"Creature Comforts".

On a separate note, Jane Leeves was being interviewed on, um, maybe The Daily
Show.  She was talking about an event she and her husband attended which was
also attended by The Queen (Lizzy Deux).  She said the queen "shined us" meaning
the queen passed them over, didn't greet them, didn't acknowledge them.

Andrea