QUERY: This one's gonna be fun...

Grant Barrett gbarrett at AMERICANDIALECT.ORG
Thu May 25 20:44:19 UTC 2000

On Thursday, May 25, 2000, jester at PANIX.COM wrote:

>_snogging_ is almost exclusively British; I've never heard it
>used in America.

I just asked the twenty-somethings in the room "What's a modern term for getting on
first base?" and two of them came out with "snogging" unsolicited. This is an ad
agency, however, and although they are both American, we have our share of Brits, Scots,
Irish and Germans. Could be an influence there.