senioritis

Larry Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri May 26 15:25:45 UTC 2000

>This is the best I can do for _senioritis_:
>
>1956 _Yale Alumni Mag._ Nov. 26 Olivar's pre-season remark
>that his greatest foe this year would probably be 'senioritis'.
>
>Jesse Sheidlower
>Oxford English Dictionary

...and it's still alive and well at the high school level here (as it
evidently is elsehwere).  A written attestation was provided recently in a
get-that-fear-of-God-into-'em newsletter my son and his fellow seniors
received a month ago from his public high school in a New Haven suburb,
along with some of the purported side-effects associated with the diagnosis
(withdrawal of acceptance by colleges, etc.).

larry