"Pina Colada" revisited

GEORGE THOMPSON thompsng at ELMER4.BOBST.NYU.EDU
Wed May 31 22:53:33 UTC 2000

        I've probably caused enough mischief by pointing out to Barry the
file of Playboy here at Bobst, and the collection of women's
housekeeping magazines, but . . . .

        Bobst has a microfilm collection of source materials on Puerto Rican
culture called "Biblioteca de obras puertoriquenas", aka The
Velasquez Collection.  (Film 1112)  It is describes as offering "A
wide variety of books and periodicals relating to Puerto Rico, on
history, literature, social conditions, , etc.  Most items date from
1950-1970, with a few from as early as 1929, nearly all in Spanish."
I have glanced at a reel or two: the stuff seems to be popular
publications, mostly, not academic, perhaps even including guidebooks
and cookbooks?   We can hope.  The contents of the collection aren't
itemized in the library's catalog -- indeed, our catalog doesn't know
that we own the collection, even -- but "the first reel of the
collection is the Collection catalog, arranged by subject", in
Spanish.

GAT