O. K. sign

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Tue Nov 7 19:42:46 UTC 2000

When I cross-posted my comment on the "OK" sign to SLLING-L, the Sign
Languages Linguistics List, Nancy Frishberg replied as follows (reposted
here by her permission):

>I also have this book, which I bought from John Smith, probably
>around the same time as Mark.  And, I needed to have John explain to
>joke to me, but I believe that this was (is?) general US, not just
>West Coast Deaf folklore.  John died quite a while ago (if I remember
>correctly - more than 10 years ago).

   Mark A. Mandel : Dragon Systems, a Lernout & Hauspie company
          Mark_Mandel at dragonsys.com : Senior Linguist
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com