money as AAVE quasi-pronoun?

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Nov 9 18:50:18 UTC 2000

Jesse,

The Internet Movie Database lists Liman as the director but credits Jon
Favreau with the screenplay, but in addition to this factoid, I remember
seeing Favreau on Letterman following the film's release.  When asked about
his characters' usage of money, Favreau said that he made it up.  He wanted
his group to have their own collection of slang terms, and the adjectival
use of money was one of the results.  He didn't, BTW, use the term
"adjectival."