Chad & REME

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Nov 19 22:11:49 UTC 2000

   I have e-mailed the secretary of the Royal Electrical and Mechanical
Engineers (bensec at rhqreme.demon.co.uk) and their publication CRAFTSMAN
(crftsman at rhqreme.demon.co.uk) about "Mr. Chad."  See their web site at
www.rememuseum.org.uk.
   OCLC WorldCat shows that Columbia University has FIRST GLOSSARY OF
PROGRAMMING TERMINOLOGY by Charles William Adams (ACM, 1954), and I'll go
back there only if somebody's gotta see it.  It's probably not worth the few
hours' schlep.
   The NYPL has the International Typographical Union THE BULLETIN (also, THE
TYPOGRAPHICAL JOURNAL or THE ITU JOURNAL or ITU REVIEW).  I'll check for
chads, but it'll probably be deathly boring.
   An interesting journal that came up on WorldCat under the subject
"Trade-unions--Printing industry--United States--Periodicals" is THE BUG
(Description based on No. 3 June 1940), LC Z243.U5, Allied Printing Trades
Council, Kansas City, Kansas.  (NOT Missouri!!)  Did Fred Shapiro "de-bug"
this?