All that jazz

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Wed Nov 22 00:36:33 UTC 2000

For the latest definitive word on the origins of the ADS Word of the Century,
get your copy of the November-December 2000 issue of Gerald Cohen's _Comments
on Etymology_. Seventy-two pages of citations and commentary on the early
days of jazz! by Cohen and our indefatigable Barry Popik.

The only way you can get this indispensable publication is to apply to the
editor & publisher: Gerald Cohen, Dept of Applied Arts and Cultural Studies,
U of Missouri-Rolla, Rolla Missouri 65401. Individuals may subscribe for $14
a year, institutions for $18. I don't know about single copies, but anyone
concerned about word origins will want to subscribe. - Allan Metcalf