ACM Glossary; Computers and Automation

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Nov 27 01:52:15 UTC 2000

   The NYU Bobst Library has ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING IN INDUSTRY, report
#3, American Management Association, 1955 (Call number HF5548.A518 c.1).  On
pages 243-257 is a "Glossary of Programming Terminology."  Pg. 243: "This
Glossary was prepared as a report to the Association of Computing Machinery
in June 1954, by its Committee on Nomenclature: Grace Murray Hopper,
Chairman...."  No "chad."
   I've been going through the extremely boring AMERICAN DOCUMENTATION
(1950-present).  I read a citation for a more interesting journal, COMPUTERS
AND AUTOMATION, which has a "Glossary of Terms in the Field of Computers and
Automation" in December 1954, pages 8-23.  NYU doesn't seem to have this
journal (which I'll check in the NYPL tomorrow), and I'm holding George
Thompson responsible.