Crazy Bone

storkrn storkrn at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Mon Nov 27 17:17:14 UTC 2000

In rural Connecticut I never heard anything but funny bone. In fact as I've thought about it, I've only heard crazy bone in
California in the past few years.

Sharyn Hay storknurse

Beverly Flanigan wrote
> Ditto for Minnesota.  But in southern Ohio I only hear "funny bone" for
> both elbow and amusing stuff.
>
> At 09:53 AM 11/26/00 -0800, you wrote:
> >Same here, growing up in Portland, OR. I can't recall anyone using "funny
> >bone" for the elbow.
> >Allen
> >maberry at u.washington.edu

> > > ----------
> > > Same here, growing up in Nebraska in the thirties & forties. ( Had to wait
> > > a couple of decades for the effect of Bob & Ray!)
> > > A. Murie

I'd never heard of 'crazy bone' before this exchange.  I'm wondering if there's
perhaps a generational divide on this.

Lynne, who knows Bob ("Bob and Ray") Elliot only as Chris Elliot's father...

Dr M Lynne Murphy
Lecturer in Linguistics
University of Sussex
Brighton BN1 9QH