Scrabble

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Thu Nov 30 06:57:57 UTC 2000

> > Other than the info given in Popular Delusions and the Madness of
> Crowds, is
> > there anything more known regarding the "Quoz!" catchphrase of Victorian
> > England?
> >

>Well, I can tell you it's not a legal Scrabble word in England.  Too bad!!

What determines which words are legal in British Scrabble?

A Scrabble-playing colleague told me that there is an official Scrabble
dictionary used in the US.

He said that in Britain, any word listed in the OED is acceptable: is he
mistaken?

(I suppose he's speaking of tournament play.)

-- Doug Wilson