Barry Popik and William Safire

Elizabeth Gibbens elizabethpg at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 2 18:21:47 UTC 2000

Dear All:

Being busy and of an optimistic mind, I scanned the
subject line a couple of days ago and didn't read on,
but thought there must have been some collaboration in
a recent "On Language" column. Now that I've read a
bit, I must say that I agree with Fred's comments
below. Everyone with an interest in language has much
for which to thank Mr. Safire, myself included.

Elizabeth Gibbens