Most frequently used words

Lynne Murphy lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK
Sat Oct 7 15:12:57 UTC 2000

>My not-infallible memory has coughed up the notion that James Joyce wrote
>/Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man/ with a vocabulary of only 200
>words. Somebody out there will no doubt correct this improbable fancy.
>A. Murie

I kind of doubt this is true, since I just found the following
"vocabulary words" that occur in the book, and there are 91 of them,
from ablative to supererogation to vervain.  He'd really have to be
cheap with the other words if he included these ones!

http://www.mcs.net/~jorn/html/jj/words.html

Lynne
--
M. Lynne Murphy