missing word: mullet -- MORE!

Grant Barrett gbarrett at MONICKELS.COM
Sun Oct 8 17:02:22 UTC 2000

On dimanche 8 octobre 2000 15:18, Frank Abate
<abatefr at earthlink.net> wrote:
>There is apparently a parallel mullet universe.
>
>To answer my own previous question -- the haircut from the 70s
was called
>"the shag".  The mullet is similar, but not the same.

Right. Not only is the shag probably longer in front and on the
sides than the mullet, but it is generally cut in varying lengths
all over, an inch or so difference here and there, much like
shag carpet which does not have a consistent weave/thread/yarn
height but an average one.

The shag haircut still lives on in the heart and on the heads of
Englishmen, even fashionable ones. I keep seeing them hosting
fashion shows on French TV.