Holy Hannah

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Oct 9 15:27:01 UTC 2000

   Greetings again from Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria.  We saw some nice churches (built on Roman ruins) and castles today.
   Dinner is soon, and there might be a sound & light show.  I made the error at the last dinner by stating that Michel Legrand's score for THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR was from his UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG.  I think I'm now banned from re-visiting Paris.

HOLY HANNAH--A woman from western Canada said "Holy Hannah."  I've always used "Holy Cow" or "Holy Smokes."  I don't know what the "Hannah" distribution is.  Maybe Hannah-Barbera is behind this.  Or maybe Daryl Hannah looks like a cow.

EGGS PANAGUIJISKI--eggs boiled in salt water, served with yoghurt sauce, garlic, and fried in butter (according to my guide).

SALAD VILLAGE STYLE--tomato, cucumber, pepper, onion, egg, white cheese.

SHEPHARD SALAD--tomato, cucumber, ham, mushroom, pepper, onion, white cheese, yellow cheese.

MISH-MASH redux--according to my guide, peppers & eggs & yellow cheese are the essential ingredients.