missing word: mullet -- some informant work

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Oct 9 05:12:55 UTC 2000

I checked with my native informant--my sixteen year old daughter--and
she was familiar with the term and concept, immediately came up with
Jesse on the late sitcom Full House (which she watched in her younger
days) as a model, and the same justification someone mentioned
earlier in this thread (citing one of the web sites):  "formal in the
front and pleasure in the back".  And until this weekend I was under
the same misapprehension as the AHD4 that a mullet was just a fish.

larry