Fib Factor

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Oct 13 12:42:42 UTC 2000

   Greetings from Amsterdam.  I have a mere six hours before my next flight,
which is eight hours.  It takes two more hour to get into Manhattan...This is
the Net-erlands, but I had some difficulty finding the Net.

FIB FACTOR--This was used recently to decribe Al Gore's "fibs."  I haven't
checked it on NEXIS.

GREY MARKET/GRAY MARKET--Yeah, I know the FT is from England!  The
correspondent was writing from San Francisco.  Even there, though, I've
RARELY seen "gray market."  It's easy to check both on NEXIS for location and
number of hits.

SMART SHOPS--I might have covered this years ago.  There's
www.thesmartstore.com and several "smart shops" here in Amsterdam, but they
appear to sell things that make you dumb.

TOAST HAWAI, SALADE VALENDAM, SALADE DAM SQUARE--some food menu items here.

CHOCOLACCINO--espresso, warme choco en slagroom.

WORKING HOURS--They weren't just "hours" in Bulgaria.  They were "working
hours."  (Must not be "pure play dot-coms.")

SUCK SITES--I've seen this recently for www.--sucks.com.  Some of the sites,
however, do suck.

E-GRATIFICATION--a recent spotting in the ECONOMIST.

3G--acronym for "third generation" mobile phones is turning up.

BT--used in FINANCIAL TIMES for "bio-tech" corn tacos from Taco Bell.  Is
Taco Bell a phone company related to British Telecom?

"GAG A HORSE"--also seen in the FINANCIAL TIMES; used as an assessment of
Trent Lott.  It's usually a horse--not a dog or cat.  I gotta do work on this
one.

   I've got tons of stuff on Bulgarian dress, but it's gonna cost me at this
computer.