the psychology of Gray/Grey

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Oct 16 15:25:18 UTC 2000

I use "theatre/theater" in exactly the way you mention, Lynne--theatre
equaling drama and theater equaling edifice--despite knowing that there's
essentially no difference.  But despite that knowledge, I still use both
theatre and theater.  It just feels correct.

But the whole grey/gray thing?  No diff.  I tend to use grey, but I couldn't
really say why.  Probably some suppressed anglophilic agenda.

bob