phat/fat, phuque&suque

Tue Oct 17 18:03:38 UTC 2000

Dennis knows me well enough to know that I adore foreignness and (when it
comes to alternative spellings) worship at the feat of pretentiousness. I
have seen (and delighted in) both PHUQUE and SUQUE--in cartoons, where the
nonce spellings were intended to convey the pretentiousness of the utterers.

And as for FAT/PHAT--close to the kind example of what I was trying to find.
And along similar lines, NOW I also recall that there were attempts (not very
successful) at breaking GEY 'homosexual' away from GAY 'merry; decadent'.

Again