Southern 2nd-person plural double genitive

Wed Oct 18 22:28:48 UTC 2000

Jessie,

Nope. If y'all had had cousins from Southern Indiana you would have heard
you-all (not y'all, which we thought was "southern"). And we wasn't no
Foghorn Leghorns neither.

dInIs

Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages