Words for grandparents

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Oct 20 14:47:07 UTC 2000

I love the unique family monikers.  When I heard my best friend's little boy
talk about his "Moms," I assumed that it was the equivalent of a term I'd
heard much more often: Pops.  But when I asked his mother, she told me that
the child had overheard his aunt telling them that she and her family were
"going to Mom's this weekend," and Colin, the little boy in question,
naturally assumed that his grandmother's name was Moms.  Great story.