Credit Divide; Massa Card; Petworking

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Oct 22 19:28:57 UTC 2000

CREDIT DIVIDE

   Today's NEW YORK TIMES, Business section, pg. 2, has the headline: "The
next hurdle: The 'Credit Divide.'"
   The Dow Jones database shows "credit divide" is an offshoot of "digital
divide" that has appeared this year, usually as a political term used by
Democrats:

27 May 2000, NYS Senator Charles E. Schumer speech---There is a vast evidence
of a national credit divide between black and white which is both separate
and unequal.

12 July 2000, BALTIMORE SUN (speech by Hillary Rodham Clinton)--Let's close
that digital divide.  Let's close that credit divide.

19 July 2000, NEWSDAY headline--Bridging Digital, Credit Divide.

MASSA CARD; PETWORKING

MASSA CARD--"Massa Card" (like "race card") is used in today's NEW YORK POST.
 (OED, please don't enter it!--ed.)  This was in the WASHINGTON POST,
4-26-1998, pg. F2:
   Answer:  THe Farrakhan Express Card.
   Question: What is the chief rival of the Massa Card.

PETWORKING--Like "networking," but with pets.  It's in today's NEW YORK POST,
which was snatched away from me by its rightful owner before I could get a
proper cite.