moodwatcher & other crutches. Was:someone/somebody, etc.

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Oct 31 01:31:58 UTC 2000

Lynne Murphy writes:

>I don't set out to use the moodwatcher, as in putting the message
>through the grammar checker on a word processor; I just leave
>moodwatcher on, so that as I type things, chili peppers show up if
>the "offensiveness" triggers are triggered.  I do this because I find
>it terribly amusing to see how stupid the machine is.  Recently, I
>was writing to a friend about the Ben Lee song "Cigarettes will Kill
>You" and discovered that the words "kill you" together, even with
>quote marks around them and an inanimate subject, merits the highest
>number of chili peppers (three).  It's quite fun.
>
>For more info on Eudora's moodwatcher and how silly it is, see:
>http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2000/10/24/moodwatch/index.html

So THAT's what I'm missing in my Eudora Pro 4.3.  Evidently, it's a
new feature in "supported" versions of Eudora Pro 5.0 and up.  Is
there a presupposition that the more chili peppers the worse?  That
certainly doesn't work for me.

larry