"diffy Q" vs. "D.E." for "Differential Equations"

Johanna N Franklin johannaf+ at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Mon Sep 4 20:31:38 UTC 2000

    It's very common at Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh, too, but only for
the computational undergraduate course.  The graduate courses would be
"O.D.E." for "ordinary differential equations" or "P.D.E." for "partial
differential equations."

    Johanna

Excerpts from mail: 4-Sep-100 Re: "diffy Q" vs. "D.E." fo.. by Bapopik at AOL.COM