La-La Land & Tinsel Town; BodyPerks

Steve K. stevek at SHORE.NET
Fri Sep 8 12:41:14 UTC 2000

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

>      Besides me... A few days ago, I saw my elected congresswoman, Carolyn
> Maloney, fight for Lori Berenson--a probable terrorist.  This is a
> congresswoman who won't even reply to me.
>      Maybe we all need a lexicographic ACT-UP?  "SILENCE=LINGUISTIC DEATH."

I seriously doubt that one could get us all here to agree on which issues
to support. I think it's highly probably that where people in this group
stand on the Berenson issue run the gamut from 0 to 10.

ACT-UP was formed by people facing serious life-and-death
struggles; please don't cheapen it.

Steve K.