Nuevo Latino

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Sep 13 16:07:29 UTC 2000

NUEVO LATINO

   From the NEW YORK POST, 13 September 2000, pg. 50, FOOD photo caption in cols. 2-4:

Douglas Rodriguez, the chef credited with coining the term "Nuevo Latino," never dreamed the food would become so popular.  Here, he prepares ceviche at his Manhattan restaurant, Chicama.

MISC.  (Off-topic)

NYC JOURNALISM:  The NY Post has reduced its price from 50 cents to 25 cents.  The NY Daily News supposedly starts free distribution of its afternoon paper-"lite" today.  The Swedes are supposedly coming with a free "Metro," says this week's www.villagevoice.com.  No matter what, though, NYC journalism will still suck.  It probably means just a few more venues for Britney SPears articles.

VACATION:  I'll be going to Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria for about 20 days, starting next Thursday.

APARTMENTS:  There was an open house last weekend for four apartments in my building.  Evan Morris might want to move in.  A two bedroom is going for $525,000, with $1700 monthly maintenance; a one-bedroom for about $300,000.  I should get a bigger apartment for my stuff, but I hate to pay extra maintenance when I barely use the place.

COMPUTER:  I opened up an AOL e-mail and my mouse died.  This is being typed from the NYPL.