Friday foolishness: foreign words

Chase, Jeffrey Jeffrey.Chase at WANG.COM
Fri Sep 15 18:08:27 UTC 2000

Not necessarily all that suspect.  I knew a LOT of GIs in Germany who
thought the kaserne was located on Einbahnstrasse.  For the first couple
days, anyway...

When they got brave enough to venture off-post for the first time to get a
sausage or some fries at an imbiss (a small snack stand), we would ask them
to pick us up a strassenbahn.  Invariably, they returned muttering that "the
lady kept pointing at the streetcar".

An initiation of sorts.

Jeff
Jeffrey E. Chase
Wang Government Services
"Have red pencil.  Will travel."
Opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author, and not
meant to imply endorsement by Getronics, Wang Government Services, or the
United States Government.