Query: Pejoratives for Liberals

Bob Fitzke fitzke at VOYAGER.NET
Mon Sep 25 13:27:11 UTC 2000

Bob:

> One man's opinion: Methinks he doth protest too much. The loaded
> language is a dead giveaway. He or she is right, he or she is not a
> conservative. He or she is a Neandertal.

I rarely reply to this list, but quite frankly, I'm getting tired of the
use
of the word "Neandertal" for people whose opinions one considers
"unprogressive" or whatever.  This kind of "loaded" language just
perpetuates various stereotypes.  And I, personally, have a stake in
this.
If you want to know what it is, you can write me privately, offlist.
Anne Gilbert