Wapper-jawed

Gareth Branwyn garethb2 at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Sep 25 13:45:32 UTC 2000

WAPPER-JAWED was one of my stepmother's favorite and most frequently used
pieces of slang. She definitely used it in the "askew" sense. She is a
second generation Lebanese woman who was born and raised in Richmond,
Virginia. Picture a very Middle Eastern-looking woman with a *thick*
southern accent and a '50s-era big hairdo.